Firmware Update for CD/DVD Drive (Pioneer DVD-119)
This program will update Firmware on the following VAIO Desktop models running Windows XP:
- PCV-RX401(equipped with Pioneer DVD-119)
- PCV-RX417(equipped with Pioneer DVD-119)
- PCV-RX402(equipped with Pioneer DVD-119)
This Firmware update will solve the following issues:
- Sometimes CD- or DVD-media is not well recognized.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Do not shutdown the unit while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
- Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
- Not following any of the above, could severely damage your computer!!
Is my system equipped with a Pioneer DVD-119?
- ClickStartand right-clickMy Computer.
- Click theHardwaretab and then clickDevice Manager.
- Select theDVD/CD-ROMdrives.
- Find now whichDVD-ROMdrive you have.
- IfPioneer DVD-ROM DVD-119Rappears in the list, please use this patch.
- If the above does not appear in the list, this patch does not apply.
Download and Upgrade instructions
- Download the fileFWU_DVD119.exeto a download folder.
- Close all the applications.
- Go to the directory where the file is downloaded and double-clickFirmware Update Pioneer DVD-119.exeto extract it.
- Click theInstallbutton - This will start the extraction of the files to the path mentioned.
- The Firmware Upgrade Utility will start automatically after extraction process.
- A screen will appear : 1 target device(s) is found. Do you want to update all drives ?
- Click theYesbutton. This will start the upgrade process.
- When the process ends a screen will appear :Upgrade operation is completed.
- ClickOKto finish.
- In case of a different CD-drive (different from Pioneer DVD-119). a screen will appear:Available target is not found.
- ClickOKto finish.
If the CD/DVD drive in the unit is already equipped with the latest firmware, when executing the update the screen will appear: 0drive(s) have been updated successfully, just click OK to finish.
Сведения о файле
- 32 bit
- 288 Kb